2012/01/10

coffee in a cup

I decided to dedicate a post for coffee - the joy of my early mornings and peaceful afternoons. At home I drink my coffee with milk, but I also like special coffees with a hint of sweetness. I have several packs of different coffees so I can choose the blend according to my mood. I store my coffee in the following two jars among others. The Paulig jar is decades old and from my parents while the second one is from Espan Enkelit.
I have collected a variety of cups:
This Marimekko cup with the girl in a plaid scarf has been my absolute favorite since the day I bought it! It's exactly the right size for the coffee to stay hot and it fits in my hand just perfectly.


I also have some series of smaller cups. The first ones we got from my boyfriend's mother and I think we have a set of 8. I simply love them! The red ones below are from Indiska - they are actually meant for mulled wine (glögi), but I wanted to take a picture of them too because they are just beautiful. :D
And how about the coffee? I hate it when it's lame and love it when it's full, aromatic and soft yet strong. The scent is also very important. There are reasons I like Indiska's hazelnut and cinnamon coffee.


The best coffee I have had came from a small independent coffee shop in Etu-Töölö and also from a coffee & tea store in Oulu, called Kofeiinikomppania. At both places they grind the beans on the spot. Oh and I must not forget the coffee in Portugal! Every time I smell either freshly ground or roasted coffee I get these small vibrations...
Today when I added the two Siirtolapuutarha cups with the city theme to my reservoir I also joined the Marimekko customer club and received a free pack of dotted napkins! It was a really nice surprise.

But as I am a huge lover of coffee I also appreciate tea. We have even more tea than coffee at home since my boyfriend drinks it approximately two pots a day...
The tea jar is from Indiska (for the hundredth time), but those tea bags have a bit different story. We brought them all the way from Mauritius where the tea had been cultivated. It was served at the hotel room and we decided to take the whole pack with us because we enjoyed the flavor. Too bad we didn't know there were some limits to importing tea. We came to know that with all the other little packages of tea we had brought maybe like five times too much tea to our home country. Well, no-one accused us of being smugglers. :D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti